After doing the Internet for a long time, there will always be many customers who have website construction needs to ask such questions:
What is the difference between a template website and a custom development website? What are the advantages and disadvantages of template sites? What are the benefits of customizing a website? Do I use template sites or custom development?
I wanted to write such an article for a long time, which is convenient for customers to query and refer to when they are planning to build a website, but they have been busy with other things and have not had time to organize it into a clear document. Today, Dinghao Network has built a website for many years. Experience to discuss with you, what exactly is the difference between "template website" and "custom development website". The development of the website construction industry in Yunnan is relatively backward compared to the coastal areas, so that many customers cannot better choose the site construction model, and the "professional guidance" of many unprofessional Kunming network company salesmen has led to many customers making wrong choices or even losing more than they paid . Dinghao Network has a sincere and honest attitude to summarize the following points for everyone to learn:
What is a template website?
A template website is a set of molded websites developed by many Internet companies. You can choose a customized website template according to the customer's preferences, and change the picture text and corporate logo. The template website provider does not give customers source files, and it is difficult to extend the functionality of the website unless additional costs are incurred. It is possible that dozens or even hundreds of companies are using the same template at the same time. This results in a large number of websites that are similar, without features, and cannot be included by search engines, and the security of the website is not guaranteed.
1. What are the benefits of a template website?
1. Short production time: The template website is a formed website, so the template providing network company does not need to spend a lot of manpower and resources, it only needs to modify the text and pictures, saving customers time. For some customers who only need a website, in order to save trouble, they can choose.
2. Low purchase costs: Generally, the price of a template website is between 1000 and 2000, and there are even hundreds of dollars for a template website. For some customers who do not want to spend costs, the template is your first choice. However, as the saying goes, " "A penny a penny" is naturally not good because it is cheap, and 1000 words are omitted here.
3. For some customers: For some customers who only need a website, a template website is your best choice, but if you want the website to play a certain promotional role, marketing role, and business expansion role for the company, a template The website does nothing.
(2) What are the bad aspects of template websites?
1. Poor function extensibility: Generally, the template website frame structure is fixed, and the function extension can hardly be extended. For the selected template, users cannot edit it independently and freely, and they cannot import custom templates. Use such shared technology design The page that comes out is often a rigid and similar page, which is hard to accept.
2. Not conducive to search engine search: template websites are the same code, the same structure, search engines can effectively identify the template website program and give it a corresponding lower score, plus its own keywords, website content maintenance Without waiting in time, it is almost impossible to achieve promotion through search.
3. There are no source files: Template websites generally do not develop source files for customer websites. Think about it. Internet companies have developed hundreds of templates for sale. If the source files are given to you, what will the company buy? Other customers, so many customers often respond, why is my website exactly like others? That's because the template you use is also used by other customers and lacks personality. Cannot achieve the initial intended effect of a company.
4. Late renewal fees are high: Template site renewal fees are generally relatively high. Why? For a network company to survive, it must have business and customers. So how does the customer come? Many online companies often catch a lot of customers' desire for cheapness, and attract customers to use their template websites at a low price in the early stage, and then make up the difference in the later stage. And a lot of things are tied, they will say how much they will be in the future, customers do not have the autonomy, unless you do not want this website, and then re-spend money to be a website. In this way, the company's costs are incurred, and its manpower and resources are also incurred. The end result is that the website does not have autonomy, space does not have autonomy, and domain names do not have autonomy. In the end, it is still empty. Why?
What is a custom website
A customized website is a website that is tailored to the customer's actual situation and actual needs. The website is unique, personalized, and has customer ownership. Enterprises can make design requirements for the website arbitrarily. Websites have great freedom to change. Enterprises can build a website that suits themselves and is satisfied through customized websites.
1. What are the benefits of a custom website?
1. Strong functional scalability: Because it is custom development, customers can choose practical functional customization development based on their industry nature, product characteristics, and business services. The customer owns the ownership of the website, including website source files, website copyright, etc., so Customers are free to increase or decrease the functionality of the website.
2. It is friendly to search engines and easy to optimize and promote: Ding Hao Networks develops the website according to the website production standards. The entire structure, code, and pages of the website will help customers to optimize SEO, so the search engine will be faster and better. Search sites, the natural ranking effect is obvious.
3. Customers are not restricted: After the website is developed, the customer has the autonomy and ownership of the website. If you do not want to continue to cooperate with the Internet company in the future, you can easily remove the website and continue to use it.
4. Website design styles are not the same, with distinctive personality: the so-called customization is tailored to customer needs. From website design to website functions, they are customized according to the actual situation of the customer, so no website will be the same as your website. This will make it easier for companies to publicize and launch online marketing.
5. The later renewal fee is relatively low: custom website development costs are one-off, and the later costs only involve domain name and space renewal fees. If the customer owns the domain name and owns the virtual hosting, the customer can completely avoid any cost to the website developer in the later period.
6. The technical maintenance of the website is simple: Because the website is customized and developed, the technical maintenance of the website is relatively easy. The technical maintenance of the template website is very difficult in the later stage, and even customers do not know who to maintain and how to maintain it.
(2) What are the disadvantages of customized websites?
1. The website development cycle is relatively long: the website is customized from design to program implementation, so the website duration will be slightly longer, including the design confirmation and slicing program implementation which require more time to connect with customers.
2. Website development costs are relatively high: template sites require almost no human or material input, and a clerk can do it. For a custom website, the simplest promotional website requires at least one designer and one programmer. It takes two or three days for the designer to make a homepage. After the production is completed, it must be adjusted and modified according to customer needs. The workload It must be big. A website programmer and an artist can only develop 3 to 4 customized websites in a month. The salary of both people is more than 15,000 yuan, so the labor cost of website customization is much higher, but After the website is done, the quality is also high.